Tuesday, October 12, 2010

101 in 1001


I love the feeling of accomplishment that makes you glow with satisfaction as you cross things off. 

I love planning and having a sense of purpose for the future. 

I love having a way of measuring what I've done.

I love that this blog post has begun to turn into a list.

Now, let me write a short paragraph.

I have signed up to Day Zero! You may have heard of a 101 in 1001 list before. Basically, you make a list of 101 things that you would like to accomplish in the next 1001 days. They can be as big or as small as you like. Mine vary from finishing my degree to making a double batch of laundry detergent. Here is my complete list for you to peruse at your leisure.


Now that I've written that paragraph, let me explain how that list will affect this blog.

Firstly, I have made a new page (see the tabs below the blog header). This page contains the type of information that is in this post, but I might still chop and change it a bit. Maybe list all the things so it's easy for you all to see how I'm going... though you can just click the link, so I suppose that isn't really necessary.

Secondly (oh gosh, I feel like I'm writing an essay), I will be blogging about progress and achievements. I will also be trying to blog more often, as one of my goals is to reach 1000 blogposts by "day zero". That means I have to post 879 more posts (I think my maths is right) by July 5, 2013, which means I can only skip posting on 117 days. Hopefully at least 70% of those posts are interesting!

As part of the "101 in 1001" list, I'll be taking part in a couple of challenges, including the 100 Snapshots Challenge. I'll be sharing my photos on the livejournal forum dedicated to it as well as on here. So that's 100 of my 1000 posts! Only another 779 to think up!

I will also be doing a few exercise challenges, as well as tasty things like "make more marmalade" and "cook a three layer cake" and "make and actually use fruit mince" and "make a yule log." Delicious.

If you are a list sort of person, I really encourage you to sign up to Day Zero as well! Don't make me list the reasons why! (Instead, refer to the earlier part of this post.)

5 comments:

  1. ok it could be that it's just late and i've had a glass of wine but this really does sound like so much fun...hmmmmmmm...i may be joining you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lists too! Day Zero sounds cool, I might even let myself join if I hit my minimum time quota for working on another project first...

    Have fun! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I write lists all the time too. If I had more time (looks like my life is going to be extraordinarily busy for the rest of the year) I'd join in too. But never mind, I'll enjoy reading yours. =)
    By the way, the list of dieting tips you wrote in September made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just signed up and started my Day Zero too. You can see it on my blog. Nothing is accomplished yet.

    Happy Blogtoberfest! I am on a mission to comment and follow all the blogs in Blogtoberfest! Maybe you could comment and follow me as well! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, this looks intriguing! Off to sign up...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!