Monday, October 18, 2010

99 Things About Me

(Because my sister-in-law told me it was my turn.)

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
(And extra notes by me in brackets, because I love to talk!)
Also, made it so the proper nouns had a capital letter.

1. started your own blog
2. slept under the stars (so long as a tent counts)
 
3. played in a band
4. visited Hawaii
5. watched a meteor shower (well, it was one falling star... )
6. given more than you can afford to charity
7. been to Disneyland/world (I love the movies but I can't tell you how much I DON'T want to do this)
8. climbed a mountain
9. held a praying mantis (At least, I think so. If not, will finding a Christmas beetle in my bra make up for it? Freaky!) 
10. sang a solo
11. bungee jumped
12. visited Paris
13. watched a lightning storm at sea (but I have watched a lightening storm while sitting on a beach, on New Year's Eve, 2009)
14. taught yourself an art from scratch 
 15. adopted a child
16. had food poisoning (but only super mild)
17. walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. grown your own vegetables
19. seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. slept on an overnight train
21. had a pillow fight

22. hitchhiked (I am waaaaaay to scared to do this!)
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill (though it was from uni, so I guess it doesn't really count... it's expected student behaviour)
24. built a snow fort

25. held a lamb (And bottle-fed them! I was 4 or  years old at the time)
26. gone skinny dipping (in a hot tub lol - does that count?)
27. run a marathon
28. ridden a gondola in Venice

29. seen a total eclipse
30. watched a sunrise or sunset
31. hit a home run (on the wii haha)
32. been on a cruise (I have been on a sort-of cruise, but it was only short and it was dark, so I want to go on another REAL one - hopefully in Canada!)
33. seen Niagara Falls in person
 
34. visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. visit an Amish community
36. taught yourself a new language

37. had enough money to be truly satisfied (be satisfied with what you have, or you'll never be happy)
38. seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person  
39. gone rock climbing (hated it)
40. seen michelangelo's David in person  
41. sung karaoke (one of my least favourite things to do, especially as I can never remember the words to songs)
42. seen Old Faithful Geyser erupt 
43. bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. visited Africa

45. walked on a beach by moonlight (at midnight, too, fishing for flounder)
46. been transported in an ambulance
47. had your portrait painted
48. gone deep sea fishing (I have no desire to do this at all)
49. seen the Sistene Chapel in person
50. been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. gone scuba diving or snorkeling (no desire to do this either... if I could swim things might be different)
52. kissed in the rain (It poured on my wedding day)
53. played in the mud

54. gone to a drive-in theatre
55. been in a movie (okay, okay... it was a home movie - and we gave ourselves chipmunk voices... we are so awesome)
56. visited the Great Wall of China
57. started a business (a very teeny tiny one)
58. taken a martial arts class (never want to do this)
59. visited Russia
60. served at a soup kitchen

61. sold Girl Scout cookies (I used to be a Brownie)
62. gone whale watching
63. gotten flowers for no reason (I love you, my sweet husband)
64. donated blood (It's on my 101 in 1001 list!)  
65. gone sky diving
66. visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. bounced a cheque (are they even still used????????????)
68. flown in a helicopter
69. saved a favorite childhood toy (only nearly all of them - I should do a blogpost about them) 
70. visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. eaten caviar (sort of... it was salmon roe)
72. pieced a quilt

73. stood in Times Square
74. toured the Everglades
75. been fired from a job 
76. seen the changing of the guard in London
77. broken a bone
78. been on a speeding motorcycle 
79. seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. published a book
81. visited the vatican
82. bought a brand new car
83. walked in Jerusalem
84. had your picture in the newspaper (year 10 leavers dinner)  
85. read the entire Bible (It's on my 101 in 1001 list!)  
86. visited the White House
87. killed and prepared an animal for eating (I helped my dad slaughter and butcher a sheep when I was 15)
88. had chickenpox
89. saved someone’s life (from boredom... my husband thinks I am very amusing, if not annoying on occasion)
90. sat on a jury
91. met someone famous  
92. joined a book club (my Arts degree was enough forced reading for me)  
93. lost a loved one (love you Nanna, Grandpa, Uncle Reg, and my sweet miscarried brothers who I haven't yet met)
94. had a baby
95. seen the Alamo in person
96. swum in the Great Salt Lake (is this the Dead Sea, or a different lake? I'd like to swim in the Dead Sea)
97. been involved in a law suit (but I did get Summons once)
98. owned a cell phone
99. been stung by a bee (I just wanted to hold it)

Well, I've done 35 out of 99, not too shabby, I must say. Though I did cheat with 2 or 3.
Now it's your turn! If you take part, let me know in the comments so I can take a look.


3 comments:

  1. We love Rock Climbing here :) I may have to do this list on my blog one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! I did it a while ago - I'll see if I can find the link: http://droppedstitches72.blogspot.com/2010/05/99-things-what-have-you-done.html

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!