Friday, October 1, 2010

Ready... Set... GO!!!

Pinch and a punch for the first of the month! 

It's October! And those of you who read yesterday's post will know that I'm challenging myself this month to post everyday. Yes Blogtoberfest has begun!

Now, I thought I'd start in a fairly organised (and very me) sort of way, by asking myself this question:

"What do I want to get out of this experience?"

I've written the question and now I'm a little stumped...


I guess I would like to get into a routine of writing. I love to write. Sadly, the only things I ever seem to write are facebook statuses and university assignments. I love to write creatively, and I think that to be in the practise of writing is a great for thinking and seeing the world differently.

I would love to build this blog a little. Flesh it out with more recipes, more knitting and/or crochet patterns, more about me. I guess I would like to feel like I have found my "blogging identity," so to speak. I'd also like to increase my readership. I'm thankful for the readers I have (hello! I'm thankful for you!) but it is always nice to see more people following along.


I would like to make some new internet friends. I really want to go out of my way to visit other blogs (moreso once I'm on holiday - only two more weeks - than while in this last rush of semester and assignments).

Lastly (but not at all least), I would love love love to get to know my readers more. Please share what you would love to see, and let me know when I post something you like!

By the way, this catalog card generator is totally awesome in a totally geeky way! I made myself a list of what I need to do today too...


Oh and I nearly forgot! I'll be hosting giveaways throughout this month! Yes! Not just one! I've been promising it, and I'm going to do it!

Come back tomorrow to hear more about it - how to enter, what is going to be given away... all that lovely exciting information.

3 comments:

  1. I love those cute little index cards!!
    I don't have a mission statement but the Thai restaurant last night did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best! I will read EVERY SINGLE POST (cause it's not like I have anything better to do) and I am supporting you the whole way!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!