Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The End of NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo:
- National Novel Writing Month
- it's actually an international event... not just a national one
- a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November

Liked:
- that I got halfway! 25,337
- the idea behind it
- the support I recieved from friends, new and old, from all over the world: Poland, UK and South Africa, Australia
- how much my husband encouraged me and believed in me
- that this is the longest thing I have ever written; it is over twice the length of my English Honours thesis
- that the story is interesting, and that I still love it
- that three of my five writing buddies reached 50,000 words! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!

Disliked:
- that I only got halfway
- having a sore wrist for several days, which hampered writing
- Getting so far behind that it would have been really hard to catch up, though still possible

Next year?
- I want to try again.
- Now that I've done it once and learnt a bit about it, I think I'm more likely to reach 50,000 if I try again.