Thursday, February 21, 2008

Of nieces, reading and clean toilets...

Hey everybody! How are you?????

I just want to say thank you to the people who prayed for Julian and his job interview this afternoon. He seemed quite happy and peaceful afterwards, so lets just keep praying and trusting that he'll get this job! He should be hearing back in about 3 weeks.

And take look at my gorgeous new neice,
Isla. She has the most amazing long thin fingers! Everybody is like, 'Oooo, a pianist.' I have only seen her once, while she was still at the hospital, and she is my sort of baby: cute, quiet and accomplished at sleeping :) She was born a week ago, and I am sure that by the time I see her next she'll look completely different. *sigh*... they grow up so fast...

I don't really have anything exciting to share (besides, of course, Isla's birth), though I was rather silly today! Uni starts on Monday, and what did I do??? I bought 7 books in the Anne of Green Gables series!!! I am so pleased! All up they were only $31.50 (I found 6 of them in a second hand shop for $5 each, and asked for a deal, so essentially paid for 5 and got 1 free. The other one I got from another second hand book store for $6.50). I have read all of them except one: Rilla of Ingleside, so I am looking forward to reading that :)

While we are on the subject of reading, I have now read two of my texts for uni (No Road (bitumen all the way) and Voices of Marrakesh) and am powering through In Patagonia. So I am pretty happy with myself.

I also bought some toilet cleaner today, which is great as before I had to ue Handy Andy and that is not really meant for toilets. So at the moment the toilet smells beautiful - like lavender! Feel free to pop in and have a smell!

Catch ya lata xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!