Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Easy Peasy Veggie and Kidney Bean Salad

I made this last night to have with some fish fillets, and it was so yummy and so easy to make. All the veggies are raw, so you are getting the maximum amount of nutrients possible. Sorry there is no photo - the silly camera charger is broken! Just try to imagine the thin sticks of orange, green and red, with the deep purple-brown of the kidney beans...

Easy Peasy Veggie and Kidney Bean Salad

About 170g fresh round green beans, top and tailed and cut in half
1 or 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks (I used 1 but 2 would have been nice)
1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
1 tin kidney beans (about 400g), drained (chick peas - or any other type of legume - would work just as well)

Dressing (these are the approx. amounts- I hardly ever measure for things like this)
3 tspns seeded mustard
1 Tbspn lemon juice
1 or 2 Tbspns oil (extra virgin olive oil would be best, but I just used veggie oil)

Stick all the veggies and the kidney beans in a bowl. Mix the salad dressing and pour over the salad. Toss with salad servers. Enjoy and feel healthy!

This would serve 3-4 people as a side dish, though Julian and I ate the whole thing last night (with a bit of a fight over who would get the last bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!