Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 2: Computer Desk

The computer desk is my husband's domain. I use the diningroom table as a computer/yarn and knitting/uni work station. 
My husband, while not filthy or disorganised, is not immune to leaving things like steak knives on the computer desk for weeks at a time.

This is the computer desk before I started on my cleaning and organising:


And again, from another angle:

Cous cous and coffee, anyone?

Yes, we really do have a computer with no sides... it was overheating. I think it looks pretty awesome like this.

After taking these photos, I procrastinated for about half and hour, before starting on a general tidy up of the floor and desk top. This led me to cleaning up the two top drawers a little, and the middle drawer now contains computer related cords which are bound up neatly with metal ties (the ones that come with freezer bags). I'm really quite pleased with it! 

Other things were relocated upstairs, some things even went into the junk drawer. Once tidy, I dusted. And dusted and scrubbed and dusted... for ages!!! 

Finally though, this was the result:

The thing with the heart on it gets put in front of the external hard drive so the flashing light doesn't annoy me.

And again:

Julian used to have awesome headphones too, but they broke. New ones for Christmas, perhaps?

I ignored the "media centre" right next to it, on which some things from the computer desk were dumped:


That's a job for another day!

3 comments:

  1. A very impressive job on the computer table! I wonder how long it will stay that way? If I clean up something in our home that is not part of my designated space, in other words something I don't monitor on a regular basis it goes back to its natural wild state pretty quickly. :-),

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic! Great job! 5 gold stars for you! Now it's up to Jules to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristie and Beka, I'm afraid the computer desk is already starting to get rather messy again! To Julian's credit, it's not as bad as I was expecting it to be though!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!