Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hello!

Hi everyone!
Well, I just wanted to pop in and tell you what's happening at the moment in Kathy's world.

University assignments are over for the semester, and now I am on a 4-week teaching prac in a grade 3/4 classroom. I've done one week, so three more to go. By the third week I'll be teaching every lesson except the ones they go out for (like Art and Indonesian).

It's exciting and scary, tiring but rewarding, and completely different to being a uni student.

Uni students: sleep in, minimal contact hours, little responsibility, late nights, and bad time management (half an hour is too short and amount of time to bother doing anything...), terrible eating habits. The following graphic perfectly represents what I go through every uni semester:

Teachers: get up early, non-stop busy for 7-8 hours a day (plus marking and planning later on), duty of care for students and a moral responsiblity to teach them to the best of your ability, time is precious (10 minutes in which to do some marking, organising or notetaking is fully taken advantage of), eating is regular and necessary to get through the day.

Needless to say, my lifestyle at the moment is completely different to what it is usually!

I'll be back soon with some more stuff about books - I'm determined to finish the 30 Day Challenge list!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the rest of your prac! I'm really looking forward to hearing more about it. It's really exciting! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!