The last book in the Anne of Green Gables series, Rilla of Ingleside, makes me cry and cry and CRY.
It has so many things in it to cry about. But I don't want to give to much away, because it's also one of my favourite books and one that I think EVERYONE should read. Let me make some dot points...
Things contributing to sad tears:
1. It's set during WW1 (Archduke Ferdinand is mentioned in passing on the very first page)
2. Several beloved characters enlist (major sobbing here).
3. Lovers, siblings and parents are left at home, knitting socks.
4. Someone dies (lots of tissues needed, I cried and cried... honestly, I cried at the end of the book before this in the series, Rainbow Valley, which foreshadows this death in the closing chapter).
Things that lead to happy tears:
1. Safe returns! Yay!
2. Dreams come true and weddings! Yay!