Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 02: My Least Favourite Book

My least favourite book is one that I read for uni, while completing my honours year.
I can't actually remember the name of the book, so thoroughly have I attempted to forget about it.

Basically, this book was a rewritting of the Noah's ark story. In it, God dies and Noah is a pedophile, and that's just the start. As a Bible-believing Christian, I found this novel incredibly offensive: I think it was slanderous and blasphemous.

Other students in the class who also read this book enjoyed it - and it was certainly well written. But what some people like, others do not, and this time I fit in the latter group.

I guess the main thing I don't like about this book is the way it depicts God as an old, imcompetent, unfaithful and untrustworthy man. This is so opposite to how I think of God, which is as a faithful, trustworthy and loving father who delights in those who love him, just as a human father adores his own children. 


If you've written about your least favourite book add a link in the comments so I can check it out!

1 comment:

  1. There are so many books I didn't read during Honours, and this was one of them. It's on my waiting list for when I move back home. I don't think I'll have the same problems with it that you did (you know, what with being a heathen atheist and all that LOL), but I'm still wary of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!