Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cleaning Schmeaning

This is brought to you by the Doctor Who episode, "The End of Time: Part Two".

Well, so much for posting everyday! Still, a couple days missed is of no importance in the grand scheme of things.

I think that I am just like most other people when it comes to cleaning... not particularly brilliant or consistent.

I have begun to attempt various cleaning schedules, including the famous FlyLady's, but none have worked. And I think the main issue is that I don't have kids, and many cleaning schedules are created for mum's who are busy. Also, due to kids, they need to do things like vacuum more often, simply because kids are mess machines!

So, what I've done is this: I wrote down all the things I want to do (but excluded things like making the bed, which I already do everyday - sometimes while my husband is still in it), wrote down the frequency I wanted to do each thing, and then divided it up into two weeks which repeat. 

Basically, I made this:

Week 1:
- Dust
- Vacuum
- Load of Washing
- File Papers
- Dishes - Mon - Tues - Wed - Thurs - Fri - Sat - Sun

Week 2:
- Change Bed Linen
- Toilet
- Bath
- Basin
- Dishes - Mon - Tues - Wed - Thurs - Fri - Sat - Sun


The "real" copy is slightly different: it has square boxes you can tick next to each thing, and it looks nicer, and a total of four weeks fits onto a page.

It's simple, doesn't ask too much, but following it will keep my house organised and clean. Yay!

If you would like a copy of this (it's a word document), leave a comment (making sure to fill in the field "email") and I will reply to your comment via email, sending you the attachment.
Easy peasy!

Now, as soon as the Doctor Who episode is over, I'm off to do the dishes!

2 comments:

  1. Kids aren't mess machines.
    They are happiness machines.
    And (if you are lucky) they clean up after themselves

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!