Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm a Pattern Person

A couple of posts ago (here to be precise) I went on and on about how I was starting a new freeform crochet project. Since then, things have happened... here is a summary (cos I love summaries!):
  • I do not like freeform crochet. 
  • I do not like wasting yarn (even the tiny scraps I'll probably never use) on freeform crochet
  • What is the use of freeform crochet. A mural???? What is the point of making a MURAL?
  • If I make it what will I do with it? My husband will not want a crochet mural in the house. So storage... but,
  • My house is tiny. I don't want to have to keep and store a weird freeform thing where I could keep other things. Like yarn.
  • I don't like making something when I can't visulise the end result. 
  • I am a pattern person.
  • I do not like freeform crochet.
In freeform crochet's defense, I did learn some new stitches: crochet moss stitch and a great way of making a ruffle. I suppose it has its benefit. Yes... BENEFIT. Only one...

Okay people who love freeform crochet... tell me I'm wrong and why...

4 comments:

  1. I think freeform crochet expresses a freedom in form that other crotchets simply can not...

    (PS. I can't wait for my bunnies to arrive in the post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm but it is still really weird... and I suppose that because I already crochet without a pattern (but with something in mind)I already feel like I have a lot of freedom.

    (The pig and bunny are very cute! I was going to put pictures up but had to reformat my computer and lost them - I even put them on a usb.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get freeform either-- and don't particularly like items made with or decorated with "scribbles"- they just look messy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you there. Scribbles should never be a decorating option.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I read every comment, and appreciate each one. Where possible, I reply to comments via email.

I am so sorry that you have to do the comment verification thing - my blog was attacked by the spam monster!